The Barthélémy family, founders of the first group of private thermal establishments in France, acquired La Bastide at the same time as the thermal baths, in 1957.
La Bastide was then called Le Grand Hôtel Thermal. Christine Barthélémy (later Christine Guérard), carried out a complete restoration campaign in 1965.
Modern comforts were introduced within these walls, and the decoration was entirely redesigned, in a scenario worthy of the Musketeers and other cadets of Gascony.
At that time, the most beautiful flats of the House were named Roxane, d'Artagnan and Cyrano, after the emblematic works of Edmond Rostand.
On this occasion, the Grand Hôtel Thermal is renamed La Bastide Gasconne.
This beautiful residence quickly became the chic flagship of the region. In 1972, it joined the Association des Relais de Campagne (today's Relais & Châteaux), which it left in 1986, in anticipation of the titanic renovation of the thermal baths.
In the 70's and 80's, it was the delight of racing drivers, who at that time experienced the Golden Age of the Nogaro Circuit. On Sundays, the restaurant's terrace and its swimming pool host warm aperitif dances.